by Meredith Winnett
My brain has shut down. I thought my senioritis was bad before, but it’s terrible now. I haven’t read anything for any of my classes since way before spring break and I’m refusing to do any homework unless it’s absolutely essential. At this point, my professors are lucky I’m still setting my 8:30 alarm.
So what have I been doing to pass the time? Netflix.
I’ve been on a binge of watching Weeds. Seasons 1-4 were good, but I’m finishing season 5 now and it has gone down the drain. I hate Nancy for being such a self-centered bitch and her stupid eye-twitch. But I’ll see it out to the end because I really want her to marry Andy. If you haven’t watched Weeds, I suggest you do.
I did, however, gather a list of the most binge-worthy shows that you can watch on Netflix!
- House of Cards – EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS SHOW. So many twists and turns and characters you love one day but hates the next. My mind was blown starting at like the 5th episode and every episode following that.Watch it, then email me and we can fangirl.
- Weeds – I already made my plug for Weeds. It’s about a suburban widow who sells weed to her neighbors. But it’s a lot more than that. In every episode someone new wants to kill Nancy. Including you.
- Orange is the New Black – I haven’t started watching this yet, but everyone is raving about it. All I know is that it’s in prison. It does have some pretty fantastic reviews though and Laura Prepon is a goddess.
- Arrested Development – This show did not get NEARLY enough credit while it was on the air. It’s full of subtle jokes surrounding a once wealthy family trying to keep their money. It takes a few episodes to understand who’s whom but then it’s wonderful.
- The Office – I miss the Dundler Mifflin crew dearly. There are some nights that I just can’t wait for 11:30 on the CW to watch them … mostly because I’m asleep by then but that’s besides the point.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Who doesn’t miss this show? Talk about nostalgia! It you don’t know who Buffy is you should log on to Netflix now and watch the entire series. Bye!
- Dr. Who – I am the last person on Earth to start this show. I have no idea what it’s about but I know there’s something about time travel, so I’m in.
- 90’s Cartoon Network – There’s at least Dexter’s Lab and Powerpuff Girls on Netflix and they may or may not be saved to my list. Ok yes they are and I’m not ashamed. Oh, bonus, Goosebumps!
What are you watching? Any suggestions? Let us know in the comments!