Too Few Weeks Until Graduation
by Meredith Winnett
We’re in the middle of the semester. We’re in the middle of applying for jobs. We’re in the middle of being rejected by every job we apply to and crying ourselves to sleep every night. No? Just me? Cool.
Anyway, it’s a very stressful time in our lives. Between exams, papers, cover letters, and trying to learn proper grammar in News Editing but failing hard, how is one supposed to relax?
- Do Some Puzzles – Puzzles can challenge your wits while also being a fun little pasttime. I’ve been doing the cryptoquips from my local newspapers mostly, but I’ve ventured up to start the daily crosswords. It’s a lot of fun, very distracting, and I’m not rotting my brain playing video games.
- Play Video Games – One of my friends brought up Mario Kart for N64 so that’s what I’ve been doing the past few days. It adds more stress to my life, but it takes my mind off of the stress that makes me want to cry.
- Take a Nap – Give your brain a break! Take a 20 minute nap to let yourself recharge. Besides, we’re running out of chances to nap. Unless you’re working for Google, your employer isn’t going to allow you a 30 minute break to nap when you get too lazy to work. That’s how you get fired.
- Make Post-Graduation Plans – The not-stressful kind. Plan a trip with friends, plan to go camping with your family, or plan to run a race or two. Treat yourself. You’ve earned it! This gives you something to look forward to other than starting a career then retire.
- Call Home – Your parents probably want to hear from you. Who better to talk you down from your stressful like than mom and pop?
Have any relaxation tips for students about to graduate? Let us know in the comments!