by Meredith Winnett
I said I’d be back after the holidays, and I didn’t lie … I just wasn’t counting on coming back so many days after the holidays! I’ve been sleeping until 10:30 like every day then doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING afterwards. It has been AMAZING. I figure I’ll get some sleep before I have to go back to school. Seven more days!
In some very super important news: I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas!
So for my 10:30 breakfast every morning I have been making Magic Smoothies. These are super simple and a great way to sneak in all the fruits (and veggies!) you need for the day. With prep, it probably takes about 5 minutes to make one of these healthy wonders.
- Canned pineapple (I’ve been using chunk, but crushed works too)
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Spinach (you won’t even taste it, but it adds all the nutrients of spinach)
- Some kind of fruit juice (I use orange)
I use the large travel mug for the Magic Bullet
How to do it
- Fill about a quarter of the mug with pineapple
- Put in about a handful of spinach
- Throw in maybe 5-10 strawberries, depending on the size
- Add a cup of the fruit juice
- Add ice and blend it again!
Supah easy and supah yummy!
I’m going to look for time between packing and cleaning and everything else I have to do before I go back to write some more since I miss you all so much! Until then, have fun 🙂