by Meredith Winnett
The average Thanksgiving meal is over 3000 calories. 3000 CALORIES! You would have to run for over five hours in order to burn it all off. Ain’t no one got time for that. This is why we get in shape before the holidays. Besides, we’re allowed one cheat day every once in a while 🙂
I’ve started a quick routine that I do in my bedroom on days I can’t get to the gym. I like to stay as active as possible in preparation of the race, but I don’t always have time for the gym. This workout does not need any equipment. It’s pretty killer, but you can do it if you try.
- 5 minute wall sit
- 5 Squat Series (10 Squats, Hold for 10, Pulse for 10, Rock for Ten, Repeat).
- Leg lifts (Lie on one side: Lift top leg halfway up for 10, Lift all the way up for 10, Lift bottom leg for 10, Switch sides and Repeat)
- 25 Lunges with Twist (Lunge then twist to opposite side of front leg)
- Pilates Arms (Pump arms with: Palms down, Palms up, Palms forward, Palms backwards, Small circles frontwards, Small circles backwards, Big circles frontwards, Big circles backwards. 30 seconds each)
- 20 Classic Pushups
- 1 minute Downward Facing Dog
- 30 second Side Plank (Both sides)
- 20 Windshield Wipers (Lie on your back, Start with legs at 90 degree angle, Swing with control to each side about 6 inches off the ground. Each side counts as one).
- 20 Long Arm Crunches (Similar to the classic crunch, but with your arms extended, Elbows by your ears)
- 20 Reverse Crunches (Start on back, Legs up, Knees bent, Bring knees up parallel to chest)
- 20 Cycling Russian Twists (Similar to a Bicycle, but twisting like a Russian Twist)
- 20 Heel Touches (Lie on back, Knees bent, Reach each arm to heels by alternating sides. Touch each heel for one.)
- 20 second V Sit
- Rest for 1 minute
- Do three sets of this
DO NOT FORGET TO STRETCH AFTERWARDS!
If you can shed a few pounds before the holiday season and continue a steady routine throughout the season, you won’t have to worry about those extra pounds in January.
See how much activity you need to burn off your meal!